Sunday, August 14, 2011

Devotion or Devotions?


Where does your devotion lie?



Are you devoted to your job? Are you devoted to your children? Are you devoted to yourself? Ouch!!



As Christians our devotion is to be to God. I believe we get it mixed up at times. We think of it as "doing our devotions" to check it off a list. If we really think about it, we get caught up in the doing rather than "being devoted".



We are like the rich young ruler who asked Jesus, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?"



Webster defines devotion as....The state of being dedicated, consecrated, or solemly set apart for a particular purpose. Webster 1828.



Jesus' devotion was to do the will of His father and bring him glory. He only did what the Father told him to do. He had a relationship with his Father. Many times Jesus would leave the crowds and go to a soliatary place to be alone with God.




Am I dedicated to God? Am I consecrated to Him? Am I solemly set apart for the purposes He has for me, my life, and that of my husband and children? Do I get alone with God each day to find out what he wants me to do? Am I devoted to His plan?


Something to ponder.

Have a blessed day,
Kim

2 comments:

Homestead Living said...

Kim,
I LOVE your header!!! Did you use Picnik? Isn't it delightful? I'm trying to think of why your main text is over lapping the background. I had the same problem. If I remember what I did, I'll let you know.

Blessings,
Jennie

Homestead Living said...

One thought...I saw that they have a 2 column linen and a 3 column linen. The 3 column might give you more room for your main.???