Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cleaning an Old Typewriter



 My father-in-law is quite the junk collector. He has an old chicken house that his parent's used many years ago for their business. I resembles some peoples basement......a catch-all. When you are done with something, or it is broken, or you don't have room any longer, it goes to the chicken house.
 I was out there the other week and I saw this old typewriter. My it was a mess, all covered with dust and sawdust. I asked him if he wanted to sell it. He said anything in that shed I could have! So now this old typewriter has a new home. :)
Josh immediately took the ribbons out to see if they were still operable. He wiped the dust off with a clean cloth, sprayed it with lubricant, and I have to say after all these years it did type. :)

1 comment:

Mandee said...

Oh how cool! It looks so neat sitting on your table too! I have always loved those old typewriters! :)