Thursday, June 16, 2011

Think on such things.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Phil. 4:8

One of the biggest battles we have is in our mind. What we think about and meditate on will be acted out in our daily lives.

As a mother, I feel over-whelmed at the task before me. I want to be a help-meet to Larry, a mother who trains and guides the physical demands of life but also to prepare our sons spiritually for life. When I begin to feel discouraged I must analyze my thought pattern....What have I been thinking? If Satan can get me distracted from the Truth and to believe and rely on myself and my own strength I have lost. We need to daily read our Bibles and fill our minds with the truth of God's word. Memorizing verses that build us up and make us ready for the battle is one of the best ways to defeat the enemy.

I hope you are in the Word daily so you too will be able to stand against the enemy of our soul.
(Eph. 6:10-18)

In the front of my Bible I have this written. I can't remember who said or I would give them credit..... The purpose of Scripture memory is to build God's Word into our lifestyle that it may become the basis for our decisions, attitudes, actions, and relationships.

Resting in Him,

Kim

1 comment:

Homestead Living said...

Amen sister! I love the quote. I may just write that on my inside cover as well.

A few years back Jeff had printed that verse off onto stickers. We placed them on things like the remote (when we had tv), his steering wheel, the mirror, laundry room, etc. Places where we might battle more with our minds. That was very helpful for us. Thanks for sharing.

Our children enjoy seeing their new friends too. We are all looking forward to seeing your family next week. I hope you and I have some time to visit as well. :)

Jennie