Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful for Christian Television

I stayed home today with three sick little boys. They've been outside too much in this nice cool weather and now they all have coughs.

I really hate to miss church and Sunday school, but I'm so thankful for Christian television. I watched "In Touch" with Charles Stanley and his message was A Call to Godly Living. It was really good and caused me t0 think of my own walk with God. His key passage was taken from Romans 12:1-2.

These were his main points:
1. God calls us to godly living. Paul encourages us to be living sacrifices. This means to allow the Holy Spirit to live His life through us. As we surrender to His guidance and leadership, the Holy Spirit enables us to live righteously.

2. Those who desire to live a godly life will face conflict with the world. Many Christians today would rather compromise their convictions than deal with disapproval from those in the world. To resist conforming to the world's image, you must "be transformed by the renewing of your mind". How? First, fill your mind with the Word of God. Second, focus on positive, righteous, and holy things. Third, apply Biblical truth to your heart. and Fourth, practice the presence of the Lord.

They key to living a godly life is full surrender. That means we must let God have complete control over us. Is there anything in your life that doesn't please the Lord? Then Lord is looking for faithful men and women who will stand up for truth in a world that is increasingly hostile toward the gospel.



This message spoke to me so much and I'm thankful that even though I can't be with other believers in church, God still gives me His message at home.

Have a great Sunday,
Kim

No comments: